Data Protection Privacy Notice/Statement.
Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., IFS House, 16 Lower Main Street, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
- : 01 628 1100. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Insurances and Financial Services Ltd.
- Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
- Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., are Insurance and Financial Brokers regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Our Data Protection Officer/ GDPR Ownerand data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Edel Ward
- Phone:01 628 1100
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with Insurance or Financial Advice, Insurances and Financial Services Limited need to collect personal data to obtain quotations on your behalf. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis– Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., need to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract for which a quotation or advice has been provided. If you refuse to provide us with the required personal data, we may be unable to provide you with insurance, advice or process your claim.
In any event, Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., use the personal data it collects about me?
Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
Applied Systems Limited OmniBroker/Best Advice
ARB Underwriting Ltd Sertus Insurance
Willis Towers Watson CoverCentre Insurance Ltd
RSA Kennco Underwriting
Zurich Insurance Dolmen Underwriting
Zurich Life Prestige Underwriting
Aviva Insurance Aviva Life and Pensions
Friends’ First Life Irish Life Assurance plc
New Ireland Royal London
Standard Life Ecclesiastical
Mark Bates Ltd Axa Broker
AIG Limited Blue Insurance
Alan B Kidd & Co.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., facilitate you our client, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review:in the event thatInsurances and Financial Services Ltd., refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body, Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Insurances and Financial Services Ltd.,or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Insurances and Financial Services Ltd., data protection representatives Data Protection Officer/ GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
- Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customer’s attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Contact UsYour privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on (01)628 1100 or email@example.com